What We Believe
Friends of Wilderness partners with the U.S. Forest Service in managing and protecting the Wilderness and backcountry lands of the Routt National Forest and adjacent national forests.
To strengthen the relationship between people and nature for the protection of Wilderness and backcountry lands.
- Stewardship: Wilderness and backcountry lands are special places worth protecting.
- Education: Knowledge is a powerful tool for ensuring safe and responsible enjoyment of these special places.
- Collaboration: Working together, we can achieve more and have a positive impact.
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion: All people should feel welcome to access the outdoors and its trails. We encourage everyone to join us in our work.
- Physical and mental well-being: Enjoying these lands is good for the heart, mind, and body.